- SUNY Empire State College, BA in Creative Writing
- Nazareth College of Rochester, MS ED in Education
- University of Phoenix, EDD in Supervision of Curriculum and Instruction
- Hearts for the Homeless, Buffalo, NY: Community Volunteer
- Chen Yen Monastery, Kent, NY: Member, Editor, Volunteer
- International Association for Blended Learning (IABL), Member of Marketing Committee, Interim President
- 21stCALLing, Co-founder
Dr. Susan Deschel has over twenty years of experience as a K-12 reading specialist, school district administrator, and consultant in K-12 public schools. Throughout her career, she has written grants, overseen state and federal programs, and conducted hundreds of workshops in the US and abroad, both live and virtual. Her current work focuses on the design of e-learning courseware, and evidence-based best practices for blended learning. Susan is also the founder and former CEO of Literacy Solutions and more, Inc., an online provider of teacher professional development. She is also the founder and CEO of Blended by Design, an e-learning consultancy, and literacy intervention courseware for K-12 students.